'06 NBA PLAYOFFS: Go (Insert Team of Choice Here)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 04:42 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Great game. They had that game in hand in regulation. Just couldn't get that "d" rotation around in time to stop Tim Thomas. The Suns filed goal % was pretty high all game.
Kwame Brown needs to build up his confidence in the post. He has a pretty quick spin move that he has to use more often. What happened to Smush ? Geez, 0-5 I think ? He was way off on his game. Kobe, what can I say, he's Kobe. Just the best right now.
It's going to be a tough one tomorrow plus Bell is back.
Go Lakers !!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:49 AM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
That last two games just shows if you complain enough to the press about not getting calls you will start to get them. In both the Suns/Lakers and Heat/Bulls the complaining teams have been getting the calls. It is just a shame Nash and Shaq and both of their coaches stoop to such low levels, but it works. David Stern has something up his sleeve for the Suns/Lakers game 7.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:55 PM

ouch, the Lakers just got owned badly
Old 05-06-2006, 07:58 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Yeeehhhaaaa!

Poor Kobe...

And, who the hell are Clippers again?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:05 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Clippers in 5-6.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:51 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
SMH, I missed the first 3 quarters cuz I had to head out and take care of some stuff all day....realized i wouldn't make it all the way home before the end of the game, so i tried ducking into some sports bar out in the sticks......got there at the start of the 4th and.......90-65 Suns!? I thought I was seeing things, but I should've known....the place was 1/2 empty and the rest there were quiet as hell.

anyways, I don't know what happened, but I guess I'll try and get a copy of the game so i can take the beating like a man. From the boxscore, it looks like no one stepped up for the Lake Show and, Kobe wasn't all that aggressive despite shooting 50% and not be in foul trouble. Only Sun that looks like he went off is Barbosa, but they got double digits from a bunch of heads. Well enought speculating.....guess I gotta go watch the game to see what really happened.

Anyways, nothing other to say than the Lake Show really choked.......blew PJ's record of going to the 2nd round every year he's coached (14-0 in 1st round). I'm really not for "moral victories", but very few expected the Lakers to even make it to the post season. Maybe this loss will keep the Lake Show hungry. Even if they advanced, even Laker fans know they're still a ways off from being a consistent team, let alone a title contender. They still need a few pieces to get them back to prominence......a reliable PG, shooter--esp off the bench, and another inside presence. Hopefully, Kobe will continue his transformation back into a team player+leader, and PJ can keep the squad heading towards the right direction.

Props to Suns. They never gave up and were able to pull off the improbable comeback by winning 3 games straight. Good luck to them against the Clips.

Well, on the bright side, I can get my summer started early and enjoy some of this nice weather that's been a long time coming. I don't have any interest in any of the teams left, but good luck to all of you out there if your squads are still in the hunt.

See y'all Laker fans next season. We'll be back.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:27 PM

Unhappy

It was ugly from the start,CL. Nasty. They couldn't get it going at all. Smush was almost as bad as the other night, Kwame was very hesitant inside, not much help from others. They were missing EASY shots.
It's all good. They made it this far this year with an inexperienced team, they'll get farther next season. Maybe get a big forward in the off season. Ben Wallace free agent ?
Old 05-06-2006, 09:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: none
to me Kobe is a wanna be MJ, he's also cocky....

im not a laker fan, although i like phil jackson as a coach...

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:20 AM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Spurs.

win.

again.

that is all.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:49 AM

Car Info: 2001 Sedona Red OBS / 2016 FXT Touring
Old 05-07-2006, 04:50 PM

^^^Congrats to Nash on the MVP (even though he didn't deserve it) Seriously, should've went to Lebron or Kobe. Nash had a very nice year too, but Lebron & Kobe were much more valuable to their hapless squads than Nash. Stern is still on his "Clean up the NBA" & win back the fans campaign, so this was no surprise.

Btw, I wonder if Gen Mills can be filled for false advertising........."Breakfast of Champions??" Nope, and don't hold yer breath either. Sorry, Nash will end up like Barkley, Malone, and Ewing.

It's not hating if it's TRUE........
Old 05-07-2006, 04:55 PM

btw, thanks for the recap, 2cam.....haven't hit anyone up for a copy of the game yet, but I still will just to see the carnage.

The disappointment has pretty much worn off already, but it still would've been nice to have hit LA for round 2.

and, yeah, Big Ben or Garnett would be nice.....not a chance we'll get either of them, but i guess stranger things have happened.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
^^^Congrats to Nash on the MVP (even though he didn't deserve it) Seriously, should've went to Lebron or Kobe. Nash had a very nice year too, but Lebron & Kobe were much more valuable to their hapless squads than Nash. Stern is still on his "Clean up the NBA" & win back the fans campaign, so this was no surprise.
Yeah, and what were the results like, Nowitzki in 3rd ? WTF ? It's all fixed. BS.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:27 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sjt
Spurs.

win.

again.

that is all.
Spurs=boring
Duncan=EVEN MORE BORING
Old 05-08-2006, 12:15 AM
sjt

Car Info: Seltos
Originally Posted by 2cam16
Spurs=boring
Duncan=EVEN MORE BORING
Boring = champions PERIOD

Quick Reply: '06 NBA PLAYOFFS: Go (Insert Team of Choice Here)!!!