'06 NBA PLAYOFFS: Go (Insert Team of Choice Here)!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 10:47 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

courtesy of Yahoo Sports...........

Phoenix 92
LA Lakers 99 Final

Lakers lead series 2-1

Kobe was held in check tonight, but the Lake Show played a VERY balanced game. ALL 5 starters scored double figures AND Odom, Kwame, & Luke Walton got double-doubles in pts & rebounds. The Lakers absolutely KILLED the Suns on the boards 53-34.

Man, what a great early b-day present.....glad I had dinner rescheduled to Sunday. Now I can REALLY celebrate tomorrow & Sun --hopefully after another Lakers win!!

Lebron+the Cavs had a good showing tonight too. The man-child went for 41 and hit the game winner against the Wizards.

Oh, and the Queens still have a pulse too......took a game over the Spurs w/a last second bucket too.

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
GO LAKERS!!!!! :banana:
Old 04-28-2006, 10:57 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Bleh on Lakers...

The only reason Lakers are playing as good as they are, its Phil, not Kobe.
The only reason Suns are not whooping Lakers *** is Phil as well. Suns players are MUUUUCh better.

Luke Walton and Smoosh Parker? Come on now.

I take my hat off to Phil. Lakers without Phil, are nothing.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Imprezer
Bleh on Lakers...

The only reason Lakers are playing as good as they are, its Phil, not Kobe.
The only reason Suns are not whooping Lakers *** is Phil as well. Suns players are MUUUUCh better.

Luke Walton and Smoosh Parker? Come on now.

I take my hat off to Phil. Lakers without Phil, are nothing.
Come on now......PJ definitely is a great coach and has done a remarkable job in helping to turn around the rag-tag bunch+Kobe, BUT, as much as great coaching helps to win ballgames, esp close ones down the stretch, all games are ultimately played+decided ON THE COURT (by the players).

And Kobe is doing a very good job of conforming to the gameplan. It's no coincidence that the other guys like Walton, Odom, Parker, Kwame and the rest of the Lakers that get floor time are getting more chances to score and contribute. Kobe commands double, triple, and even more attention virtually every time he has the ball. Even when he doesn't have the rock, you best believe all the Suns make it a point to keep tabs on where he is.

The difference between now and the regular season is that the other guys are doing a better job getting into not only open spaces on floor but spots that afford them good scoring opportunities. They're all being way more aggressive and playing w/much more confidence, esp Kwame. Consequently, Kobe is learning to trust them more and not dominating as many possessions. It's a little early to say that he & the crew have hit full stride, but Kobe seems like he's finally learning to be a team player+leader like MJ did.

Luke Walton and Smush did play outa their minds tonight though. Lamar was great too w/16 rebounds & 15 pts. If the supporting continues to play just remotely close to their current levels and Kobe keeps buying what PJ's selling, I think they can pull this series off. Then again, I did even before it started and while anticipating a Kobe vs Suns series. The Suns really aren't that good to me. They play virtually no D, rely heavily on trying to outscore teams (esp w/the 3 ball), but they can be taken out of their game as they were tonight. Their gameplan might have done okay for them in the regular season, but the playoffs are a whole different kettle of fish. You have to be able to get stops in the playoffs and can't depend on going kamikaze w/the treys+long range J's. No team can have hot shooting games for an entire series.

anyways, enough talk. I'll save the rest for Sunday!

But here's a few choice parting shots in the meantime...............

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 04-28-2006 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Players win regular season games. Coaches win playoffs. That's my take on it. I am not saying you are wrong. I just think I can be more objective, since I don't have a team I am in love with like you.

PJ is not a great coach. He is like THE best coach. I give him 100/100. He proved it more than once.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:13 AM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Thumbs up

Yeah baby ! Now they've shifted into 3rd gear ! What was it, 4 players in double-doubles last night ?? That's what I call even distribution. This the best teamwork I've seen from them all season. You could see the frustration in some of the PHX players.
What was Nash's excuse the other night, that they weren't used to this with all the new/young players ? Well heck, Nash, look at the Lakers !! More newbies there than PHX !! Waaaah....waaaah...waaaahhh....I still don't think he deserves the MVP this year. Yes he's a good player but............
Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Car Info: 05 SLK 350
Kings fan (all one of us) checking in. With the win last night, at best it won't be a sweep, and since game 2 was so close, hope does spring eternal. Artest was only suspended for one game, so he will be playing the rest of the series. I'd like to see the Kings and Lakers play in the 2nd round as well, cause I was able to make it to a reg. season Kings/Lakers back in January, which the Kings won in OT. But they have also lost to the Lakers since then, so it seems that now they are more evenly matched.

btw, another sweet .gif + dunk, Marc. That Pippen on Ewing facial is one of the underdog GOAT dunks. A lot of people overlook that one.......only the true hoops nuts really remember it. I loved the way Pip just stood over Ewing and mean-mugged him. Poor Ewing.......always got tormented by MJ too.

on another note, where the heck are the "Kings" fans?? Not to be facetious, but are any of you still out there??? I was kinda pulling for them, so if both they and the Lake Show made it to the 2nd round, they could continue their rivalry. Oh well, doesn't look like that's gonna happen since the human, ticking timebomb known as Artest blew up and got suspended.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:25 AM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
Originally Posted by killaho
too bad it was a charge. Some one tell kobe theres 4 other players on his team too. That guy gets traped by 3 suns and still ball hogs
To bad you can't call a charge when you jump over a guy. Should have been a second foul on Nash for the reach around. Suns are not playing team basketball.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:39 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Thumbs up

WOOOOOOOO ! WHO'S YOUR MVP NOW, NASH !!!! What a game. 1 more to go and an upset in the making !!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:39 PM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
Lakers Win 99-98 In Ot!!! With Game Winning Shot By Kobe...lakers Up In Series 3-1 Hellz Yeah Haha!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
no frickin comment.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
dam lakers!
Old 04-30-2006, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 06 STI WRB/Gold
I want a recount for MVP, Kobe FTW
Old 04-30-2006, 04:22 PM

HOLY $H#&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Great game..........both teams showed a lot of heart, but there was no denying the Lake Show, esp the REAL MVP aka Mr Clutch, KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

GO LAKERS!!!!! :banana:
Old 04-30-2006, 04:26 PM

btw, not to get carried away, but man oh man, I sure wish I had one of them Tony Yayo "U CAN'T SEE ME" .gifs to put up in honor of them cocky-a$# herbs, Shawn Marion & especially Tim Thomas. Yeah, they both played well today, but they were celebrating waaaaay too early & throwing up the Yayos. All it did was awake the beast that is CLUTCH KOBE!!!!

Last edited by CLsmooth71; 04-30-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
the real mvp of that game should have been jack nickleson (sp??)

Quick Reply: '06 NBA PLAYOFFS: Go (Insert Team of Choice Here)!!!