@ Stevens Creek Subaru, hope this will be good news

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by brucelee
Tamie is great, but I heard she left? Any truth to this? Sad if she did leave, she was doing Steven's Creek a great service...
Yes Tamie has left, she was very nice too. But sales ppl come and go.

Originally Posted by manhands
Tamie is no longer there, Jason is as good as it gets there now. I bought my 2011 there and Tamie was my original sales person and Jason took over my sale and commission. I believe she had to leave due to personal reasons.
I must be missing something. Ahahahahahahahaahahhaahahhahahahahahaha Total opposite.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:51 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
Originally Posted by manhands
Tamie is no longer there, Jason is as good as it gets there now. I bought my 2011 there and Tamie was my original sales person and Jason took over my sale and commission. I believe she had to leave due to personal reasons.

I will say that Stevens Creek may have ****ed up my Short Shifter install. I had to turn my car into the Dealership to go over the shifter linkage because it was fighting me to shift into every gear and very noisy. It was so bad that any attempt to drive aggressively was met by grinding gears :/ The shifting wasn't any shorter than a stock 2011 WRX shifter either. I'm suspect that they either improperly installed a regular linkage or improperly installed the short shifter linkage and the short shifter is a piece of ****. Either way, I'm not pleased to have to be taking my car to the dealer for work within 3 days of buying it.
the shifter you bought is a short THROW not a short shifter... thus the shifter being the same length...
Old 10-23-2010, 07:53 AM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
the shifter you bought is a short THROW not a short shifter... thus the shifter being the same length...
A "Short Shifter" would be a shifter that is shorter in height. The throw is the length between shifts, a "Short throw shifter" reduces the throw by definition, I'm afraid you're confused.

http://www.driveperformance.subaru.c...2/upgrades.asp

The shifter is also largely different by comparison and mine seems very much the same except it's completely ****ed up and does not even shift properly

Last edited by manhands; 10-23-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:00 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
On the GD chassis, the normal shifter assembly was yellow cadmium plated, while short throw shifter was white/zinc plated.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:15 AM

Car Info: Impreza
I called the service department today, they informed me they can not get ahold of Subaru USA tech, so my car sits at the shop til Monday as Anthony gives them a call then!
Old 10-23-2010, 04:02 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Wait, am I missing something? Last i remember, Anthony was driving a Dodge Ram full of parts.....
Old 10-23-2010, 04:37 PM

Car Info: 99 AW ej205 Coupe // 06 SGM Wagon
Originally Posted by rau
Wait, am I missing something? Last i remember, Anthony was driving a Dodge Ram full of parts.....
He's moved up and now I've taken over. It was a beastly v8 Tundra, but now it's a crappy v6 Isuzu

To the OP: Loving the 17x9 Grids!
Old 10-23-2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Carl
He's moved up and now I've taken over. It was a beastly v8 Tundra, but now it's a crappy v6 Isuzu

To the OP: Loving the 17x9 Grids!
Thanks!! It's sitting at the dealer with them on ! Haha..
Old 10-31-2010, 01:04 PM

I forgot to update this, but Stevens Creek Subaru definitely didn't f me over like Capitol. Anthony did a great job(noise went away and was covered under warranty) and I'll definitely be coming back for services that are complicated for outside shops.

Thanks Stevens Creek Subaru and Anthony!