@ Stevens Creek Subaru, hope this will be good news

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Originally Posted by Unit 91
Returning parts you bought at one dealer to a different dealer isn't likely something any dealer will do. Subaru doesn't own the dealerships. They're all franchises.

If I didn't buy the part initially Subaru won't let me return it. That means that if the dealer took it back they'd be stuck with it. It's sort of like buying something at Best Buy and returning it to Fry's. Fry's doesn't want to give you money that they never collected from you to begin with. It would be like them buying whatever item it was from you.

Maybe that helps understand that situation a little bit.
Ok, I accept that's how it works. It sounds like dealers carry a lot of burden then.

But the analogy doesn't work. The situation is more like buying a Microsoft product at Fry's Fremont and trying to return it at Fry's Sunnyvale and them saying no.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
i-Club Sympathizer

Car Info: 1969 BMW R75/5 & Work Whip
Originally Posted by chimchimm5
Ok, I accept that's how it works. It sounds like dealers carry a lot of burden then.

But the analogy doesn't work. The situation is more like buying a Microsoft product at Fry's Fremont and trying to return it at Fry's Sunnyvale and them saying no.
No, because Fry's are all owned by one company so it doesn't much matter. Banana Republic is Banana Republic so they can do that. Buy a suit at Men's Wearhouse and try to return it to a mom/pop store and they wouldn't take it either.

Even that isn't quite clear... how about this... think of every car dealership as a small business (which they really are). Just because store X and store Y carry the same products doesn't mean they are the same entity. They are both completely independent of one another and neither wants to buy the other's merchandise.

At any rate... OEM coolant FTW.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
I agree, OEM coolant FTW.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:40 PM

Car Info: derp!
i just bought my 2011 limited there. those guys are hands down the best people i've ever dealt with. they gave me a great deal
Old 10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Tamie is great, but I heard she left? Any truth to this? Sad if she did leave, she was doing Steven's Creek a great service...
Old 10-22-2010, 05:13 PM

i didn't see any females there in all of my visits...
Old 10-22-2010, 05:14 PM

Car Info: Impreza
So far so good at Stevens Creek. They have to call Subaru tomorrow, so I got a loaner for the night. If I don't get my car back tomorrow I wouldn't mind. I like loaners. Haha!

Last edited by VDMTom; 10-22-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:26 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
^ I'm glad Stevens Creek Subaru didn't deny your car for bull**** reasons.

Stevens Creek Subaru's reputation seems to be getting better all the time now, and quite the opposite for Capitol Subaru.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by G_Ride
^ I'm glad Stevens Creek Subaru didn't deny your car for bull**** reasons.

Stevens Creek Subaru's reputation seems to be getting better all the time now, and quite the opposite for Capitol Subaru.
Hasn't Capitol always been on the bad end of reviews from what I hear on the forums?

Everything is opposite of what Yelp says.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:50 PM

Car Info: 04 impreza wrx R.I.P Daniel Wentz JOEBOBBUCKET
I'm glad I can help out when I can. Ill keep u updated tom
Old 10-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
I got quoted $2k to order a locknut @ SCS
Old 10-22-2010, 06:57 PM

Car Info: 07 OBP WRX
dude that dealer ship dented my trunk and put a fat cut in my front lip also they never fixed the problem with my motor they had my car for for weeks..they had my car more then i drove it.. until one day my motor just blew on my and shut off and had to get it tow not very happy with this dealer
Old 10-22-2010, 07:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by popngen
Hasn't Capitol always been on the bad end of reviews from what I hear on the forums?

Everything is opposite of what Yelp says.
It has been getting progressively worse. It used to be a pretty solid dealership.

I still stand by Santa Cruz. I've been going there for 7 years with no problems. Stevens Creek seems to be getting their stuff together as well. Ryan has been awesome. That's the extent of my personal experience with Stevens Creek.

Sucks to hear that they are just blanket denying claims (capitol). They are expected to be able to prove that the suspension caused the problem. At least that's my experience.

Take for example you have some mods and something happens to your transmission. You will have to pay for them to open it but if it turns out it's an issue on their end you get reimbursed and warranty covers it. But in your case the parts are not related at all.

Hell Santa Cruz offered to install some aftermarket stuff for me and when I talked to them about my mods BEFORE I did them they told me nothing would be voided that was not directly related. So by changing my brakes all I did was void the warranty on the brakes.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:12 PM

Car Info: Impreza
Originally Posted by xhengmanx
I'm glad I can help out when I can. Ill keep u updated tom
Thanks Anthony!!!

I don't know, but Capitol tried to haggle me out of $140 for just even a brake inspection cause my car wasnt under warranty according to them... I didn't think it was fair so I just drove the 45 min back home and wasted time & gas. =(

Last edited by VDMTom; 10-22-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:42 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
Tamie is great, but I heard she left? Any truth to this? Sad if she did leave, she was doing Steven's Creek a great service...
Tamie is no longer there, Jason is as good as it gets there now. I bought my 2011 there and Tamie was my original sales person and Jason took over my sale and commission. I believe she had to leave due to personal reasons.

I will say that Stevens Creek may have ****ed up my Short Shifter install. I had to turn my car into the Dealership to go over the shifter linkage because it was fighting me to shift into every gear and very noisy. It was so bad that any attempt to drive aggressively was met by grinding gears :/ The shifting wasn't any shorter than a stock 2011 WRX shifter either. I'm suspect that they either improperly installed a regular linkage or improperly installed the short shifter linkage and the short shifter is a piece of ****. Either way, I'm not pleased to have to be taking my car to the dealer for work within 3 days of buying it.

Quick Reply: @ Stevens Creek Subaru, hope this will be good news