**** my life.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:48 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Get a Cobb Access Port and put it in Valet mode when you're away from the car. Pre-set the car so that it cannot exceed 1,300 RPM, that will stop anyone from stealing it. They'd have to tow it to take it. When I leave my car parked somewhere for a long period of time, that's what I do. (not that low of RPM though).
Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Originally Posted by brucelee
I can't believe that someone on this earth has worse luck then me!!!
Sorry for my rant, but I feel for you man.
Thanks Brucelee (Daniel right?)

This has just been a horrible week for me, every few years I have a streak of bad luck tho.

I'm a medic, not a cop, so I don't have the magic powers lol.

I'm pretty sure they're drug addicts based upon how they broke in and what not. I think they dumped oil all over the motor because they wanted to use it to steal stuff (there was already a stolen bike in it when we got there) and they had it parked in a shady area. They wanted it to look like it was blown up. They disconnected the ignition coil so it couldn't be readily driven away.

It actually threw me and I thought they had driven it without the oil cap on and blown the motor because the whole motor was covered in oil. When it wouldn't start I was like aww damn..

It really sucks because they cut into the steering column wires and now only 1/2 of the electronics work in the truck.

First thing I did when I got home was put in a kill switch. I'm actually designing a system to where if the key is turned without flipping a switch it will spray pepper spray in the cab muahahah.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Get a Cobb Access Port and put it in Valet mode when you're away from the car. Pre-set the car so that it cannot exceed 1,300 RPM, that will stop anyone from stealing it. They'd have to tow it to take it. When I leave my car parked somewhere for a long period of time, that's what I do. (not that low of RPM though).
I've got a cobb AP, I was actually freaking out because after my STi got broken into, I put my AP in the truck, and then it got stolen!

But it turned out that the AP was in the trunk, which I now have set to key only unlock so you can't unlock it from inside. I usually put the car in anti-theft mode which doesn't let it start when I park in a big parking lot, or in a shady area.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:07 PM
DUB

Car Info: 03 Wagon
So who owned this gated yard and what did they have to say for themselves?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM

Dunno, it was a random gated yard under the freeway. The officer ran all the vehicles, there may have been a few other stolen ones there for all I know.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
glad u got it back. get that ish on lockdown now. and move outta there
Old 09-23-2009, 12:35 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
wow, lucky way to find your truck. good thing it's not stripped and chilling god knows where. really beef up the security on it too now
Old 09-23-2009, 01:14 AM

Already got kill switch installed, its actually on its way down south for a facelift (getting painted) and some more security at my friend's shop.

actually, maybe you can help me out shizzle, I'm looking for a new house to rent in Alameda, know of any with a garage?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by code3suby
Already got kill switch installed, its actually on its way down south for a facelift (getting painted) and some more security at my friend's shop.

actually, maybe you can help me out shizzle, I'm looking for a new house to rent in Alameda, know of any with a garage?
ill keep my eye out for some! in the mean time, look up some listings for town houses. heard they arent that expensive in the area.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM

will do, thanks, I"ll be on the look out!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:45 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi

There is a house right around the corner from mine in san leandro that is for rent, great area, very low crime...let me see if I can't get you a number today on the way home.

In the mean time, if you want. I will let you bring your 4runner out and park it in my RV area in the back of the house, if you are really worried about it. I just need to check on zone laws, as I already have 3 cars on the property.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

then ask me about high pitched siren i placed INSIDE my 4runner.

trust me. i get to "test" once in a while.

it's painful...

oh, it's not only connected to the main batt... :evil smiley:
Old 12-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Moved.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by 03_Impreza_Al
Moved.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM

Car Info: Reason
those early 4runners are big time targets for thieves. My advice would be to chain it up really good and install a hidden battery kill switch along with your alarm.

Quick Reply: **** my life.