$700 Billion Bail-out?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:24 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
It did not pass right?
Old 09-30-2008, 09:33 PM

Car Info: nothing
where did i say anything about fridays debate.. i didn't even watch it i had work.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:25 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
It did not pass right?
The plan that Nancy P-Lousey and Barney Frank worked up with republican support failed to pass the house, but a similar bill is being thrown into the Senate tomorrow night, so its far from a done deal.

The fearmongers will continue to tell us the sky is falling even if the DJIA shoots through the roof- they are all a bunch of liars on both sides of the aisle.

I do have to admit it was refreshing to see this plan fall through and that enough congresscritters grew the ***** to vote against it.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:09 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by subie OCD
If the credit market are frozen - why do the 0% and 1% balance transfer offers keep rolling into my mailbox? A few days ago I recieved a one year 1.99% balance transfer offer from Bank of America and yesterday I received a zero percent balance transfer offer until 2010....and take a wild guess where that came from..... WAMU!!

F this bailout, I already emailed our reps - I suggest you do the same. No more printing money out of thin air!!
Credit Cards and loans are two very different things.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by jewpac42
Credit Cards and loans are two very different things.
Technically, yes, but giving away money to people who might not be able to pay it back is the same no matter what you call it.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by psoper
Technically, yes, but giving away money to people who might not be able to pay it back is the same no matter what you call it.
But the effect that they have on the balance sheet of a bank couldnt be more different. Not to mention the max line of credit extended on a solicited card such as that would probably be around 5K.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:13 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
I hate Obama, I hate everything he says....

McCain is okay... He has my vote.

I still have a dream that ron paul will take house.... one day.
switch ron paul with ralph nader for me
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
McCain was too old for office 10 years ago, I'm too scared of him croaking in office and being stuck with Palin.

I don't like Obama, but at this point in my life - after witnessing the worst president in history kill this country in 8 years - why the **** not?
Old 10-01-2008, 02:37 PM

Car Info: nothing
Originally Posted by R-Dub
why the **** not?

Barack Obama keeps talking about change. What change? I want things to change too, but have you ever heard Obama's ideas of change? Increased taxes. Increased government interference. Socialized medicine. No personal responsibility. Redistribution of Wealth. Class warfare. Cutting and running in the War on Terror. Penalties on profits. Ending 1099 Independent Contractor Status. And More.

not voting for mccain because of his health is the dumbest thing i've heard, this guy has arm surgery and now people doubt him, amazing. Mccain had a good debate and won handily, obama was lost talking about foreign policy.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Obama (from what I have gleaned) is for change, yes - whether that will turn out to be good or bad is yet to be seen.

McCain (again, from what I read) is for 4 more years of the same hand basket.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably end up not voting for Obama - I am probably going to write in for Ron Paul; but as you, I and everyone should know by now - it really is a dual party system and its either McCain or Obama.

To choose the lesser of two evils is once again our task - last time Kerry (don't get me started on him) couldn't defeat Bush and the time before that we had to choose between Gore (again, don't want to even imagine it) and Bush; all 3 times its been a total of 5 possible presidents, none of whom have had my full support, more of a 'well, I won't vote for him, but I'll hope he wins."
Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Traxamillion
Barack Obama keeps talking about change. What change? I want things to change too, but have you ever heard Obama's ideas of change?

Increased taxes.
on people making more than a quarter million per year, I'm sorry but I think those people ought to be able to afford to pay a little more in taxes.

Increased government interference.
If by "interference" you mean enforcing rules about insider trading and going after corporate crime, I think that isn't such a bad idea either.

Socialized medicine.
How about everyone gets the same coverage as our congresscritters get? face it- we already have socialized medicine, just not everyone can access it.

No personal responsibility.
So this is a new one, please share with me where Obama said anything advocating "no persoanl responsibility" or did that come from some Fox news talking points e-mail you got?

Redistribution of Wealth.
If you haven't noticed, we already have the most massive redistribution of wealth taking place that the world has ever seen, only its the rich taking everything from everyone else, if we are going to redistribute wealth it should be going to those that create it not those that steal from and exploit others.

Class warfare.
If making the rich pay their fair share sounds like class warfare to you, you seriously need to get out more.

Cutting and running in the War on Terror.
Everything he said in the debate sounded like he wants to take the war on terror to where the terrorists are, I didn't hear anything about cutting and running.

Penalties on profits.
Anyone collecting unreasonable profits can afford to pay a little more, taxes aren't penalties, they are how our system of governement is funded.

Ending 1099 Independent Contractor Status. And More.

not voting for mccain because of his health is the dumbest thing i've heard, this guy has arm surgery and now people doubt him, amazing. Mccain had a good debate and won handily, obama was lost talking about foreign policy.
You sure spout a lot of total BS to support your position, I'm not saying Obama is going to fix anything but he sure as hell would be a more significant change and better for our country than 4 more years of neo-con republican thievery.

And McCain's health has everything to do with it when he picked such an utterly unqualified fool for his running mate.

One last thing- if you thought McSame won the debate the other night, you are the one who is lost.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
McCain is ****.
Obama is ****.

Vote third party.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Approved by Senate
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 PM

Car Info: 05 cgm imp
i wish i had the money to leave this country and start new
become a gt300/500 driver, w00t!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:42 PM

Car Info: 03 Bugeye, D675, Lightning
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Approved by Senate
Could still be knocked down by the house. E-mail, Call, Fax your reps. office and tell them that you wont reelect them if they vote yes on this bail-out.

They will listen b/c they know that the house is always up for reelection. And do you know who votes for them? You and I

Quick Reply: $700 Billion Bail-out?