Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

turbo install probs

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 10:28 PM

turbo install probs

i installed my ion turbo today, went for a test drive and have two problems.

1.) when we came back and parked in my garage there was oil dripping down, im thinking its because of the rubber hose, the two clamps i could tell were not clamping the hose tight, i think they loosened up, the hose is on there good though because we actually took the whole thing off so it would fit right, the clamps i think werent clamping tight now, i plan on buying some screw type clamps and putting those on, what do you guys think? rubber hose? where else could the oil be leaking from?

2.) during the drive my egt gauge was fluttering, not big, but the needle was just fluttering in one spot, and fluttering at idle too. i didnt even touch the gauge, the sensor or anything with that. Could it be because the sensor in the DOWNPIPE might be loose, because i know that might not be tight in? i dont think that would cause it though. Or maybe i accidentally hit the wire to the egt gauge and it unplugged? it still lighted up, but didn't look like it was reading the egts too well. any ideas?

thanks for your help
Old 04-19-2003, 09:11 AM

im goin to post this in factory forced someone please delete