Aftermarket Forced Induction - Turboed factory NA engines Turbo EJ25! Who said that all Subarus are created equal? Aftermarket turbochargers on factory normally-aspirated engines (factory turbo engines have their own forums).

Recirculating BOV

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 07:47 PM

Car Info: RIP: 2000 2.5RS Sedan, BRP Now: 08 WRB WRX Hatch
Question Recirculating BOV

Do any of you RS-T owners have recirculating BOVs? is it possible? any good/bad on them? possibly on a Ludespeed kit. just curious if it can be done and if it has any effects since i've only seen people with ones that blow to the atmosphere

Daios (Day-ohhss)
Old 11-25-2002, 02:36 AM

Car Info: 2000 2.5RS Silverthorn
I believe it is called a bypass valve.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:51 PM

what about the MAP based RS's like MY00??

btw i don't want the noise... well i just want to hear turbo spool and wastegate

Daios (Day-ohhss)
Old 11-25-2002, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 2004+ Two Tone Green
unless you have a mass airflow sensor you dont need to recirculated it. plus it sounds cool blowing off.
Old 11-26-2002, 02:15 AM

well anyways i really don't want any of those to be heard coming from my car. no bov, no wastegate, turbo whine, if possible. i just like the sounds of turbos and wastegates over bovs though, but not from my car.

Daios (Day-ohhss)
Old 11-29-2002, 10:08 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX / 06 f150 King Ranch
The sound gets old after a while. Especially on a long trip. The commerial toilet whoooosh and whistle in combination with the F16 fighter jet throttle up sound gets old too. My car makes so much noise now, I am a basket case after a day of driving just looking out for the cops. You know... strange un normal sounds attract cops like flies to crap...

Paul....
Old 12-03-2002, 02:51 PM

Car Info: White 2000 2.5RS-Turbo
Agreed about the bypass valve. why? noise? weeeeak! Its just air, it should vent to the atmosphere...its proly even cleaner after being sucked through a filter, heated and cooled

My Tial bov makes hardly any sound at all. You hear the wastegate and turbo over the bov unless you've taken the time to learn how to make it flutter under partial throttle. (as I have...I like to taunt V8's every now and again )

I'll be at krispe Kreme tonight, come bug me for a demonstration if you'd like.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:32 PM

Car Info: '99 Black 2.5 RS-T........ Broken down :-(
Hayscoob: if you hate those sounds, then give your car to me, then you'll start missing them. Just like I'm missing them with my car 100 miles away broken down

but back on subject, if you want to recirculate, go ahead, it won't hurt you at all, there's been a few setups that recirculate, mostly MAF equipped cars so that they don't run rediculously rich when it blows off. for a MAP equipped car it doesn't matter, but if you don't want to hear the BOV, then you don't want to hear it, go ahead and plumb it back into the intake.

Quick Reply: Recirculating BOV