For all the law enforcement officer haters out there... something to look at it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
For all the law enforcement officer haters out there... something to look at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB9-NcunsKc

Watch it all the way through. Just something to think about. Even when there's a few bad apples out there that get the media attention don't be too quick as to calling the entire population within that profession, worthless pigs.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:33 PM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by MrMakesItRain

Watch it all the way through. Just something to think about. Even when there's a few bad apples out there that get the media attention don't be too quick as to calling the entire population within that profession, worthless pigs.
Policeman propaganda?

The bad apples ruin it for the rest of them. But that's what happens when you encourage a society to finish community college and then hand them a position that requires much more quick critical thinking and cultural knowledge (valid point made in the video) than CC/2 years of education could possibly teach you. Furthermore, give em a competitive salary to those of recent 4-year-college graduates and of course all the morons will try to be the law.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:45 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Policeman propaganda?

The bad apples ruin it for the rest of them. But that's what happens when you encourage a society to finish community college and then hand them a position that requires much more quick critical thinking and cultural knowledge (valid point made in the video) than CC/2 years of education could possibly teach you. Furthermore, give em a competitive salary to those of recent 4-year-college graduates and of course all the morons will try to be the law.
i dont understand your logic.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Policeman propaganda?

Originally Posted by flatline
i dont understand your logic.
The requirements to be a police officer are so low that no one can expect any officer to be honorable.

As with any profession, there are going to be good guys and bad guys, and I gotta say that with all of the officers that I have encountered/worked with after serving on a commission for a town counsel and working with a Chief of police and the Sergeant to being pulled over dozens of times by both Local PD and CHP to working with Officers at my retail job. I have only met ONE bad officer and that was an incident that consisted of four units and the first responder was not helpful at all.

The best piece of advise I can offer to those that hate cops is to treat them the way you would like to be treated at work. Because that is where they are... they are at work doing a job.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1995 Impreza L
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
The requirements to be a police officer are so low that no one can expect any officer to be honorable.

As with any profession, there are going to be good guys and bad guys, and I gotta say that with all of the officers that I have encountered/worked with after serving on a commission for a town counsel and working with a Chief of police and the Sergeant to being pulled over dozens of times by both Local PD and CHP to working with Officers at my retail job. I have only met ONE bad officer and that was an incident that consisted of four units and the first responder was not helpful at all.

The best piece of advise I can offer to those that hate cops is to treat them the way you would like to be treated at work. Because that is where they are... they are at work doing a job.
So by the logic presented by you there should be no expectation of an honorable soldier.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
well i hate everybody, so i guess that makes me neutral. haha
Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 PM

Car Info: amber lamps/fire engine/06 STi
the requirements to APPLY to become a police officer may be low but that reason is to get a large enough and diverse pool of applicants who may otherwise be overlooked. you won't learn how to be a great law enforcement officer by getting some degree at a university. you learn it on the job and from your own character. sure there's morons out there who apply but it's the department's job to sift through them and hire only quality personnel. i haven't really talked to my brother about his hiring process when he got hired as a police officer too much but im pretty sure it is very similar to the hiring process of becoming a firefighter. thousands will apply to fill a couple of spots after taking a written test, physical agility test, oral board interview and a chief's interview. and that's just the beginning just to be able to see if you can pass the academy. once the academy is done you are still on probation.

the whole purpose of me posting this thread was just to have people think about what it's like to be on the other side. not here to argue because i've grown tired of it. people have their own opinion and i understand that.

*edit* you become honorable when you do honorable things. not when you finish taking so many classes and have the ability to take tests well.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda

Obviously this is post and aimed at me. I never called all of them pigs, but there are too many inconsistencies with officers I've dealt with and watched to just give them the trust that they supposedly earned with their badge. I'd call them pigs like how I call baseball people steroid users. Not all of them use, but there are multiple stars that have admitted or have been indicted. With that fact they should always be on their "A" game. I'm sure officers know that there are procedures, rules, and regulations. When the constitution says in BOLD that it's the highest law of the land the rest is gibberish. Again, that's strict constitutionalism and it SHOULD be how our world runs, unfortunately today's society takes that documents, and puts it under 20 tons worth of other documents and people are forgetting that all of these issues cannot be just stepped on or ripped up.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:38 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
The majority of citizens really only encounter LEO's when citizens are being told "You allagedly did something wrong, now we have to take some of your money/time/freedom away". Its pretty much the worst customer service model out there, if the citizenry funds law enforcement. In reality; LEO's aren't beholden to the public, they are only beholden to their orders from whatever commander/agenda is en vogue.

The fact that LEO's are trained, educated, sworn and entrusted to uphold a higher standard of performance makes it exponentially bad/notorious when the good robot turns off & the bad human turns on.

The insult to injury (for the up in arms citizenry) lies in the ability of LEO's to shield one another with a badge no matter how major/minor the transgression may be. Citizens don't really have the same level of defense even though we have "rights".
Old 05-19-2009, 11:31 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
the whole purpose of me posting this thread was just to have people think about what it's like to be on the other side. not here to argue because i've grown tired of it. people have their own opinion and i understand that.

*edit* you become honorable when you do honorable things. not when you finish taking so many classes and have the ability to take tests well.

I understand completely, and that's not just some mindless response, but truly because my father was a police officer and served in Vietnam, along with his brothers. Yes, our family fought in the war and proud of it, thus granted entry to the United States.

Having said that, I've experienced some very unpleasant moments with law enforcements here. The worst - harassed and wallet taken away by two cops (while laughing the whole time, including racial insults thrown in), only to be threaten of jail time when my friend and I attempted to retrieve our wallets at the station (461 6th Ave -Richmond Station) and was told to buzz off because we were a bunch of 'lying gooks', never mind the fact that my friend is Chinese and I'm Thai.... But I guess us Asians all look alike.

Regardless, my friend and I left without making a fuzz and accepted it (as difficult as it was; being called liars and put down in such a way) and let it go since it was but a few dollars and didn't want to trouble ourselves.

Lesson learned - just because some wear the badge, honor should not be presumed, nor assumed present & represented.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...

AMA Superbike race... Yup they look like a bunch of bad cops....
Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 AM
SK

Originally Posted by I<3subie

AMA Superbike race... Yup they look like a bunch of bad cops....
And the point of your post is?

Spare us the sarcasm. Most of us are fully aware of reality here - not all cops are bad.

But let's not kid ourselves - not all cops are good and honorable, either.

Just because one questions and/or voice opinions of disapproval/questionable conducts displayed by LEOs; does not make one less patriotic or unappreciative of their service to the public (at least the ones that conduct themselves honorably).
Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
here is a picture of smokey the bear and I from sunday

goodnight!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Originally Posted by SK
And the point of your post is?

Spare us the sarcasm. Most of us are fully aware of reality here - not all cops are bad.

But let's not kid ourselves - not all cops are good and honorable, either.

Just because one questions and/or voice opinions of disapproval/questionable conducts displayed by LEOs; does not make one less patriotic or unappreciative of their service to the public (at least the ones that conduct themselves honorably).
My point is.

With any job you will have your good and bad people. When you add the stress, B.S. the police and fire get to deal with on a day to day. You too would get a little worn down. Not many like the police as most the time their only dealing is getting that ticket, A ticket that no one really wants but you broke the law. So deal with it. So they already have a thankless job just with that.
These guys deal with allot of stress day in and day out still go home and try and live a family life just like you or me. They get to hear from thankless asholes that only b itch when they The thankless a holes get caught breaking the law. Which they still perform their jobs even if it does mean saving your *** from some sort of B.S. you have seem to put yourself into.

Yeah I have worked on both sides of the fence.

And to the post about poor education for police. I do not think you have ever looked into the schooling or training with on going updates they get. And when you look at what microscope they go under everyday, I think who ever posted that is the one that need education.

Last edited by I<3subie; 05-20-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:02 AM
SK

Originally Posted by I<3subie
My point is.

With any job you will have your good and bad people. When you add the stress, B.S. the police and fire get to deal with on a day to day. You too would get a little worn down. Not many like the police as most the time their only dealing is getting that ticket, A ticket that no one really wants but you broke the law. So deal with it. So they already have a thankless job just with that.
These guys deal with allot of stress day in and day out still go home and try and live a family life just like you or me. They get to hear from thankless asholes that only b itch when they The thankless a holes get caught breaking the law. Which they still perform their jobs even if it does mean saving your *** from some sort of B.S. you have seem to put yourself into.

Yeah I have worked on both sides of the fence.

And to the post about poor education for police. I do not think you have ever looked into the schooling or training with on going updates they get. And when you look at what microscope they go under everyday, I think who ever posted that is the one that need education.
So this explained and justified what happened to my friend and I?

I feel better already.

Quick Reply: For all the law enforcement officer haters out there... something to look at it.