Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?

I haven't even watched a single even.. unless there was a recap on the news or something.

I hate to admit this, but its mainly due to China hosting it.

I also try my BEST to not buy anything made in China, Its hard, and I know it wont make a dfference really, but there is a HUGE group doing this to... I don't think there's one thing China makes well... Not a single thing... Chinese food is only good if its from American Chinese people...

But back to the subject, as long as its hosted by a real county and not some knock off country, I'll watch.

China!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
being chinese i feel offended by your post.

Last edited by JZ oo7; 08-18-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
???? This is kind of a hateful post verging on being almost racist. But hey, it's your choice.

I don't know what you're talking about "knock off country". If it wasn't for the Chinese inventing fire crackers, you wouldn't have any of the guns you own now.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
bro, there is a lot of hype and definitely some shadyness BUT its once every 4 years and a chance to root for something, whoever/whatever you root for. i have watched everyday...Phelps did something that wont be touched for a while and theres always shawn johnson for the pedo in all of us

i personally think its awesome...much better than flavor of love 16 or some other worthless entertainment like that.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
shoot... I've watched TWO events without any u.s. representatives.... croatia.

water polo and some on foot version of water polo.

I've watched a ton of it. I stay up later than the wife and I read so I'll flip on the olympics while I read. We have 2-3 olympics channels at any given time so I can catch a few different things.

I commend you for not buying china. Its hard to do but I wish more people would buy american. We need to support our country and our jobs first. Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its a better choice or truly cheaper when you look at long term effects.

I find that a lot of things have DROPPED big time in quality once transfered to china... like xacto blades. First cut is nice then they go to ****. The funny thing is that they're buying up all the metal in the U.S. then turning it into **** and selling it back to us at inflated prices...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by scoo*B
bro, there is a lot of hype and definitely some shadyness BUT its once every 4 years and a chance to root for something, whoever/whatever you root for. i have watched everyday...Phelps did something that wont be touched for a while and theres always shawn johnson for the pedo in all of us

i personally think its awesome...much better than flavor of love 16 or some other worthless entertainment like that.
word. Phelps has done a once in a generation type of thing. And he did it against a VERY deep talent pool.

I saw we swept the 400 hurtles.. woot!!!

When is the BMX stuff. I want to watch that. Help get the ratings up so they keep it around. I think its about time BMX and other events are getting some respect.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:06 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
Originally Posted by brucelee
I haven't even watched a single even.. unless there was a recap on the news or something.

I also try my BEST to not buy anything made in China, Its hard, and I know it wont make a dfference really, but there is a HUGE group doing this to... I don't think there's one thing China makes well... Not a single thing... Chinese food is only good if its from American Chinese people...

But back to the subject, as long as its hosted by a real county and not some knock off country, I'll watch.

China!
I don't know if you do your research. But China makes a lot of things well, which is why it's quickly becoming a world power economy that's almost comparable to Japan and US. Lenovo is one of the top computer manufacturers in the world. China makes most of the world's quality clothes. And China is the leading country in technological manufacturing innovations, which is why a lot of Japanese and Korean companies are starting to go to China to manufacture electronics. I think it's pretty ignorant to say that China makes crap stuff. I actually believe that American made is almost on par with Chinese made.

BTW Americanized Chinese food is total crap (Panda Express) compared to authentic HK owned Chinese restaurants.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:07 PM

Car Info: WR Blue Wagon
BMX starts Tuesday night. PRIME TIME BABY!

We'll be watching and TIVOing ALL BMX events. We're taking a break, but me and my kids raced BMX for 5 years. Have met most of the Olympic team members, USA or otherwise. And I've shared the track with a few of them. So it's gonna be cool to see. And the Olympic BMX track is AWESOME!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:11 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
BMX is the only thing ive been looking forward to.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
ive watched every event i can see
Old 08-18-2008, 04:15 PM

Car Info: '08 cadillac cts
I've watched a total of about 15 minutes of boxing.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by brucelee

China!
Wow,

That is an insane amount of hate.

I watch it all the time. I'm rooting for the USA (except basket ball, cause I hate the redeem team.) I'm rooting for the small countries, and everything in between.

I don't care for the Chinese government really, but they aren't as bad as they used to be, they aren't like the Burmese govt.

The Chinese people are great. I work for a company that makes basically the top DVD players in the world, Chinese manufacturer makes out stuff, and most of the people in the company are Chinese.

Sure, they have their issues, and they pollute like crazy, but they aren't any different the US 100 years ago. We polluted like no other, but are quick to jump at other countries polluting and how they run their countries. what about this country?!? This country ****ing sucks just as much. Our govt doesn't make the best decisions either, and put politics before the good of the people. No one is perfect, especially no one country.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX
hmm...kinda offended
Old 08-18-2008, 04:33 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
What about this country?!? This country ****ing sucks!!!!
haha, thats all ive been saying for YEARS!!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Wow,

That is an insane amount of hate.

I watch it all the time. I'm rooting for the USA (except basket ball, cause I hate the redeem team.) I'm rooting for the small countries, and everything in between.

I don't care for the Chinese government really, but they aren't as bad as they used to be, they aren't like the Burmese govt.

Sure, they have their issues, and they pollute like crazy, but they aren't any different the US 100 years ago. We polluted like no other, but are quick to jump at other countries polluting and how they run their countries. what about this country?!? This country ****ing sucks just as much. Our govt doesn't make the best decisions either, and put politics before the good of the people. No one is perfect, especially no one country.
that's exactly how i feel. every country has it's issues. take iraq for example for this country.

Quick Reply: Anyone else NOT watching the Olymics?