what should i buy?

Old 01-28-2005, 07:21 PM

Car Info: 2005 Wrx STi Crystal Grey metallic
what should i buy?

i have some money saved up and i wanna buy something for my car. i have $460 so far. i have a 05 sti with a obx muffler rear section only, and s-techs. these were what i was thinking.

backorder a catted helix dp from gruppe-s
wait for a catback (dunno which)
wait for suspension (dunno which)
HID Bulbs

i need help getting more ideas. if you got any, could you say where i can get it and for how much? sorry if you guys are tired of questions like this...

thanks

-JT
Old 01-28-2005, 09:09 PM

Car Info: about 30 miles a day
get a catless DP and whatever catback looks good to you. there is a lot of disscussion about this, you just gotta look for it. same thing with the suspension but $460 is only enough for one thing so choose wisely. i don't know why you need bulbs already if you have an 05, they should last a while.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
+1 get the catless DP...that'll be a big plus in your HP department.

Did your pops approve it only if you get the catted?
Old 01-28-2005, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Helix Uppipe or down pipe
Old 01-28-2005, 10:02 PM

thanks for the responses!

i really hate the smell of catless. if catless is that much better then ill just wait on that. i wanted bulbs cuz it looks a little yellow when warm.

any other possible mods?
Old 01-29-2005, 03:33 AM

if you have an STI then you have HIDs. you don't need to change them, that would just be wasting money. as for the smell of the catless DP...come on man, it's not that bad. it's one of the best first mods you can do. get the "catless" DP and a catback. you don't need an uppipe. suck it up and breath in that cat free goodness.
Old 01-29-2005, 07:42 AM

i know i have hids, i know i have a catless upipe.

thanks
Old 01-29-2005, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Hey gang...let him waste his money on whatever he wants. It is HIS MONEY.

So what if he wants to spend big bucks on HID bulbs when he already has HID bulbs and it'll just change the color and slightly change the brightness?

Actually, it all really depends on what he wants to do with his ride. If he wants to take it to the tracks then get soem Sway Bars and Coilovers. If he wants more power than I guess he can get that catted (LOL) DP.

Just think of it this way...no one gave you grief for buying those Hypercolor Shirts...back in the day.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Car Info: gc w/ neons and a wrx that needs neons
if you don't want catless, but want more power you can go for an accessport.

a rear swaybar with endlinks would be a good start for suspension.
Old 01-29-2005, 04:06 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
$460.00 budget.

30 bucks- steering rack bushings.
250 bucks- rear sway/endlinks(est.)
^^^best investment i made on my car.
the debate on cat vs. catless remains unsettled. i have cats on one suby, and straight DP on the other. the fumes drive me nuts once in a while cuz i drive windows down. if you are dying for the power and noise gain, go buy an exaust 1st.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-29-2005, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 02' wrb wrx w/ RGII
haha i got the same problem as you...well i just got an 02 wrx this month...i put the alarm and TT got a free BOV from a friend...thing is still waiting for one more check then i can get my tein basic suspension and blitz exhaust and hopefully the up/down pipe and front lip kit and back bumper kit with strakes(hopefully) and with tax returns get the stuff i really want....hella HIDs and front mount intercooler with C/F hood...STI wing maybe and then some rims...hehe..not badd ah...damm now i need da money...k den
Old 01-29-2005, 05:06 PM

Car Info: 2004 Blue STi
It all depends on where you want to start. $460 is not a ton to begin with. Like dogg said...start small. You have a muffler and lower springs. Work on suspension. Sway bars aren't that bad. If you want looks...maybe look into different rims...make your car unique. If you don't care what it looks like...do the simple mods. I mean, you can new set of good brake pads, steel braided lines, short shifter, sway bars w/ endlinks for about $450. That is my few cents.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:58 PM

geez....

i dont know why you guys are making a fuss about the hids, it was just an idea. i know 400 for d2r bulbs is ridiculous and i wouldnt spend that much for lights.

anyway, i guess since some of u guys thing the catted dp thing is stupid, then ill try the cattless. i already know how it will smell, but oh well..... and yea, my pop wont like it. then ill go with a 3in exhaust to go with the down pipe. right now i have the stock pipe with no resonator. then ill do the suspension... im not much into bodykits and rims, so that will be way later. Mr Pang, i didnt mean to get u all salty if i did... i needed ur guys help cuz u guys got experiences with mods that i dont have...
Old 01-29-2005, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
Originally Posted by Mr Sti
i dont know why you guys are making a fuss about the hids...
its more of a suby comraderie thing. where we try our best to help each other out. no fuss. take our opinions, come out to the tracks/meets/events and check out our rides. then make your own decision. its your money.

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 01-29-2005, 10:47 PM

it's not that we are trying to make you feel s2pid or anything, it's just i personaly can't see spending money on something you already have. your stock HID bulbs are great, i wish i had some. as for the DP issue, i don't notice any smell with mine. unless you have an exhaust leak or are stopped with the wind blowing the fumes into your car, you shouldn't smell anything. it's totaly up to you what you wanna put on your car, hell..it's YOUR car. it's just when you ask for our advise then take it with a grain of salt. everyone thinks differently and if we let s2pid things like what a person puts on their car get in the way then none of us would talk to eachother. i mean we all talk to nate, eventhough he had those big rally stickers on his car. it's cool to be different but know what you want to do with your car b4 you go just buying things. otherwise your gonna spend a lot of time posting in the classified section. GL with your mods and hope to see you at the meets. L8R

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what should i buy?