Engine/Power - EJ25T (STI and 2006+ WRX) Discussions about the USDM 2006+ WRX and WRX STi 2.5 liter turbo flat-four.

How is warranty work on STI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 11:39 PM

It is hard to say what happens next when they see something in your car that's been replaced. They actually won't "void" any warranty you may have, but they will "deny" it once they think they found the cause of whatever problem and blame it on the aftermarket part you have.

ALMOST any aftermarket parts installed in your car will be a "good enough" reason for them to deny the warranty.

If your dealer qouted you that they won't deny any warranty, then why not keep the car. Like what I said, it's hard to say or even predict of what will happen next with another dealer.

Last edited by Me&STi; 01-25-2005 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:36 AM

Car Info: 04' STi now 15' WRX
I like the guys at the local dealership, then again I'm there every 1-1/2 for oil changes I think they might lose money on me with the Life Time Oil Change Program but hey I told them I planed to drive the car

I have a TBE, Tein Flex, Drop in-filter, Perrin BOV, Optima Battery, Grounding Kit, Defi gauges (in one of my oil changes I got them to put on the sandwitch plate adaptor for my oil temp for free )

so far with 35K I have not needed any work done, but if I did I know you have to pay to play, but my guy might be able to hook me up for atleast knowing that I would pay for things I do so my complaint would be real warrinty issues
Old 02-01-2005, 02:03 PM

Ok, heres the problem with dealerships and warrenty issues. Most people think that the dealership is screwing them by voiding the warrenty, What happens is that your bring them the car, they look it over then they have to call there factory subaru rep who has to ok ALL warrenty work, if its nothing too big they usally go for it, but if its more than say a grand, the factory rep comes down and looks over the car. So the factory subaru rep has the last word.
So really the dealership(s) aren't screwing you. They just have to get things ok so they get paid. Who wants to work for free?

I recommend Subaru of Riverside, in Riverside,CA they are top notch and take care of 99.9% of issues.