Engine/Power - non turbo (All non turbo Imprezas) Who needs a turbo when you have 2500cc? Cams, intakes, exhausts, etc. The 2.2L and 1.8L Subies are cool too.

What now

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 02:58 PM

What now

First and foremost I would like to say. Thank you all for your answers to all of my threads. I'm new and it is a big help. Second I need to do this :banana: just because that is the coolest thing I've seen on the net in a while.
OK Now down to what this is about. I was driving home today from work and there was this hissing type sound coming from what seemed to be under the hood. On the highway at cruising speed (70) I played with the gas a little, not enough to gain more speed, and the noise coincided with the gas. I ruled out fuel pump because that's in the rear, right? Then I got to thinking. When I start her up sometimes there is a slight bang...not a bang that's loud, but more of a bumping noise. Could that start up noise be a cracked manifold, and the hiss an exhaust leak? Or are they unrelated, I'm a toolbelt, and one of you know what they are. Oh and while I was changing my rear brakes yesterday, I noticed that the sway bar is factory, not a three way adjustable one like the seller told me it was. Do I have any type of recourse?